The 777 represents the bake time combination, flavor perfection, and infinite variety possible.
- 1/4 C butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 C honey
- 2 T brown sugar
- 4 C rolled grains (oats and spelt are good)
- 1/3 C wheat germ
- 1/3 C oat bran
Choose a few or think up your own…
- 1 T cinnamon
- 2 T raw sesame or flax seeds
- 1/4 C raw sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 C sliced almonds, walnuts, or pecans
- 1/2 C wide coconut flakes
- 2/3 C puffed rice
- 1/2 C raisins or chopped dried fruit
- 3 oz bag Apple Chips, gently crumbled
Preheat oven to 350. Melt butter, vanilla, honey, and brown sugar over
medium heat and set aside. Mix the rolled grains, wheat germ, oat bran, and
optional add-ins except raisins/fruits. Pour syrup over cereal and mix well.
Spread evenly on a large cookie sheet or jelly-roll pan. Bake 7 minutes,
then stir. Repeat twice for a total of 21 minutes. It’s done when it starts
to brown, so watch the last few minutes. Cool the pan on a rack. The granola
will get crunchy as it cools. Add optional fruits and store airtight.